Thursday, December 10, 2009

Yummy....


One of my favorite things about Christmas and Christmas parties are the finger foods!! I love being able to get one of everything :o) I found this Cheese Straw recipe over at Paula Deen's website and they turned out delicious. I didn't have a star tip, so I just used my cookie press with a flat zig zag sort of tip! lol No one at the party seemed to mind :o)

Ingredients:
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cups self-rising flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cup 1/2 lb shredded sharp Cheddar, at room temperature
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Sift together the flour, cayenne, and salt and set aside. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and cheese until blended. Add the flour mixture slowly, beating at low speed, then continue to beat for 5 minutes, until very creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times.

Using a cookie press with a star tip, make 3-inch-long cheese straws, leaving at least 1/2 inch between each on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to racks to cool. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment