Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sunday's Best.....

I have a client whose daughter competes in a type of beauty pageant called a "Sunday Best" pageant. This is a non-glitz pageant where little girls actually look and act like little girls. :o) When I heard the word "pageant," all I could think of was the TLC show "Toddlers and Tiaras" lol Fake tans, fake fingernails, flippers, etc. :o) However, in these pageants, the little girls wear hand smocked bishops and hand smocked yoke dresses, and patent leathers............just adorable!! So I created this dress for my client. It is a peacock blue silk dupioni dress. (the one I pleated in my pitiful tutorial):

Here is the closeup of the smocking:

This was the first time that this little girl was competing in an older category. She is 3 and she had to compete against 4 and 5-year-olds. I am very happy and proud to say that she won QUEEN!! So congratulations to her!! :o)
Angela

1 comment:

  1. Angela, that is so lovely. You do the most beautiful work. That Peacock blue silk is so stunning too :).

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete